Support Our Mission to Provide Yoga for Veterans
“I’m here because I feel better and I’m here because of all of you.”
Yoga in ME is proud to serve our veteran community. There is no higher honor for us than to serve the individuals that come to the yoga for veterans classes at Yoga in ME. Veterans that take our specialized classes report immediately feeling improved physical and mental health and they often share with us how much it means to them to have the opportunity to practice yoga with other veterans. Before classes start, we sometimes ask the veterans why they are there. The answer is often “I’m here because I feel better and I’m here because of all of you.”
By supporting yoga for veterans, you not only help to keep our specialized yoga for veterans running, you also make it possible for Yoga in ME to provide free and reduced cost memberships for veterans who wish to participate in regular drop-in classes at Yoga in ME.
Make a one time payment or contribute monthly for as low as $4.99/month. Less than a fancy coffee drink!Contribute Now
How does yoga help veterans?
Clinical studies show that yoga can help veterans:
- Sleep better, overcoming insomnia and nightmares
- Enjoy a sense of well-being
- Relieve depression and hopelessness
- Cope with and even resolve anxiety and fear
- Find escape from the “fight or flight” response that causes hyperarousal
- Control anger and strong emotions
- Reconnect emotionally with friends, family and their community
- Be successful in recovering from addiction
- Feel less physical pain