HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR YOGA CLASS
- Arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork and so we can give you a quick new student orientation.
- Wear comfortable clothing to stretch easily.
- If possible, avoid eating 1-2 hours beforehand.
- Drink plenty of water throughout your day to be hydrated for your class.
- Avoid wearing perfumes, colognes, etc. or smoking before class.
- We encourage students to bring their own mats but we do provide free loaner mats and props.
- Leave outdoor shoes by the front door.
- Have cell phones off – even if you are leaving them in the lobby.
- Enter the practice space mindfully,
- Place your mat on the floor in way that won’t startle anyone.
- Keep social conversations very quiet or save them for the lobby area.
- If you arrive late:
- Wait until any quiet, centering activities have finished before entering the classroom.
- Keep personal belongings in the studio to a minimum.
- Do not leave your glasses on the floor.
- Avoid unnecessary props around your mat.
- Avoid interrupting the instructor unless he/she has specifically invited you to do so – or it is an emergency.
- Wash yoga clothes in unscented laundry detergent and refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, or strong essential oils. Many students are allergic to or sickened by the smell of the artificial fragrances in commercial detergent or other strong odors.
- All class passes and memberships are not transferable, non-refundable and cannot be frozen. Please respect our policies. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX and Checks.
- Students under 18 must have an adult accompany them to the studio for their first class and are admitted at the discretion of Yoga in ME.
- We are not responsible for your valuables.
- All students must sign a waiver and are admitted at the discretion of Yoga in ME.
- The studio closes up to 4 weeks a year for major holidays, select events and for routine maintenance and studio upgrades.
- Schedule and prices subject to change without notice.