Mindful Yoga for Trauma
June 1 @ 6:30 pm - June 3 @ 2:00 pm
15 Hour Certification Course for Yoga Teachers
Mindful Yoga for Trauma was designed to help veterans who are coping with post-traumatic stress to find a calm and steady body and mind. Its protocol has been clinically studied to ensure that it is proven effective for veterans, and Mindful Yoga Therapy programs or resources are now in use at 47 different VA facilities and 50 vet centers nationwide. Yoga teachers can learn how to offer Mindful Yoga Therapy to their communities through a 15 hour workshop; or in clinical settings through a 100 hour certification program.
Mindful Yoga Therapy is an empirically informed, clinically tested program comprised of five practices: Pranayama (breathing), Asana (postures connected with breath), Yoga Nidra, Meditation, and Gratitude. Each practice is a tool that veterans can use to cope with post-traumatic stress. Together, they form a comprehensive system – a toolbox – that will carry veterans into a life of strength and resilience. This 15 hour program prepares yoga teachers to offer a 12 week program to veterans in their community by covering:
The Mindful Yoga for Trauma Teacher Training Program covers:
- Why yoga for trauma?
- The Toolbox and its five practices: Asana, Pranayama, Yoga Nidra, Meditation and Gratitude
- Special considerations and specific techniques for working with veterans
- Appropriateness and variations of asana
- Understanding veteran culture
- How to bring Mindful Yoga for Trauma into the world
- 12 week protocol
Friday 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Saturday 11:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Scholarship Options to Consider
- Seacoast Area Teachers of Yoga in Action (SATYA) Yoga Teacher Scholarship Program
- Scholarships are also available for Veterans from Mindful Yoga Therapy. Please Email MYT directly to ask about this option.