- This event has passed.
Thanksgiving Silent Hike
November 28, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Vaughan Woods State Park
by donation to support
FREE Yoga for Veterans
led by Sue Mickey
On this special day of gratitude, surrender our senses to the peace and beauty of Vaughn Woods. We will begin with grounding (breath and meditation) and then gently warm up (sun salutations). We will walk along the Salmon Falls River and circle back along the wooded Bridle Path for an approximate 2.5 mile loop. (There are 5 ways to circle back sooner if you choose.)
The walk will close where we started with a community yoga posture.
- Weather Permitting. Please check the schedule before heading out if you don’t want to hike alone.
- By Donation to support FREE Yoga for Veterans. Bring cash or a check made out to FREE Yoga for Veterans
- Park entrance fee is on the honor system. There is an “Iron Ranger” to deposit your park fee in as you drive or walk in.
- No pre-registration necessary.
- Wear sturdy shoes or hiking boots, clothing that protects you from insects and/or bug repellent, a hat if desired, and appropriate clothing for the weather.
- Come well hydrated and/or bring a water bottle.