- This event has passed.
November 24, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
[sg_popup id=”31″ event=”hover”]Register[/sg_popup]
Join Mike for this eyes closed practice of movement with a witness. You will be guided in a light-hearted and safe way to explore the relationship between your inner and outer worlds.
- What does it mean to move with intention /right action?
- Can you be still, listen, and be with what is moment to moment?
- Are you able to hold both personal and collective experience as mover and witness?
- Is it possible to let the experience of witness and mover be felt and honored with eyes open or closed?
- How do we talk about these embodied experiences through language?
Authentic Movement was developed by dancer and psychotherapist Mary Starks Whitehouse, who, following her work with Carl Jung, became curious about moving without intention, or the practice of “waiting to be moved.”
[sg_popup id=”31″ event=”hover”]$30
$25 for Yoga in ME Members[/sg_popup]
About Mike Weaver
After ending a professional dance career more than 30 years ago due to a knee injury, Mike began a life long study of movement forms that support more respect for the body: contact improvisation, authentic movement, and yoga.
His teachers include: Nancy Stark Smith, Bill McCully, Andrew Gaines, KJ Holmes, Susan Schell, Ione Beauchamp, Karl Frost, and Beryl Bender Birch.
Mike has been teaching authentic movement since 1996 and looks forward to sharing this healing movement form with you.
[sg_popup id=”31″ event=”hover”]Register Now[/sg_popup]